Pathway Visa Consulting

Expert Guidance for a Seamless Immigration Journey

Training visa (Subclass 407)

The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a short-stay visa for people to undergo occupational training or professional development in Australia. The Training visa allows people to undertake occupational training in Australia to meet occupational registration or licensing requirements; to enhance skills in their occupation; or for capacity building overseas.

The visa is generally valid for a stay in Australia for up to 2 years. The visa is subject to condition 8102 which forbids work apart from the training specified in the visa application. You must also maintain your health insurance whilst in Australia. 


1 icon -Pathway

Must be 18 years old (general visa requirement).

2 icon -Pathway

Your sponsor must be approved as a temporary activities sponsor.

3 icon -Pathway

Private health insurance must required for Subclass 407 Training Visa.

4 icon -Pathway

A genuine temporary stay for the intended purpose is a general visa requirement.

5 icon -Pathway

Meet health and character requirements (standard for most visas).

Visa Requirement

1 icon -Pathway

You must be sponsored by temporary activities sponsor.

2 icon -Pathway

You must be nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)

3 icon -Pathway

You must be invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)

Discovering Our Biggest Successes: The Stories Behind Our Great Achievements

Let’s be your trusted partner in achieving your migration goals.

Visa Categories
0 +
Visa Process
0 K+
Happy Clients Reflect on Their Journey with Us

There are numerous students all round the globe who have experienced the nature of our services. If you still can’t make up your mind, here are some of their valuable feedbacks about our team and services.

Who can apply?
  • You must be nominated by your employer (not a sole trader or individual).
  • You must be working in a management or professional position overseas.
How long is the visa valid?
  • The visa is granted for 6 months to 2 years, depending on your training needs.
Can I bring my family with me?
  • Yes, you can apply for your family to join you on a separate visa.
Can I work while on this visa?
  • You can only work related to your training program (condition 8102).
  • Your dependents can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (condition 8104).
How long does the visa take to process?
  • Processing typically takes 71 days to 4 months.
  • If your current visa expires, you may be eligible for a bridging visa during processing.
Looking For a Training Visa?
pathway footer logo
Copyright © 2024 Pathway Education. All rights reserved | Design & Developed By Bitnet Infotech
Contact Us
[miniorange_social_login shape="square" theme="default" space="4" size="35"]