Known for its superior quality education system and the massive availability of employment opportunities, Australia is home to many international graduates.
So, if you an overseas Accounting graduate aspiring to settle down in Australia, the Accounting Professional Year program (also previously known as SMIPA professional year) can provide the assistance required to advance in your career prospects.
Approved by the Department of Home Affairs, there are many registered training centres in Australia where you can Study SMIPA Professional Year Program in Melbourne.
Let us look at some of the renowned names:
- Accountants Resource Centre(ARC) – Campus in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney
- Australian Technology and Management College(ATMC) – Campus in Melbourne and Sydney
- Education Centre of Australia(ECA) – Campus in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
- Monash Professional Pathways – Campus in Melbourne
- Navitas Professionals – Campus in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra.
- Performance Education – Campus in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney.
- Stanley College – Campus in Adelaide, Perth
- TOP Education – Campus in Sydney
- Indus Institute – Campus in Brisbane, Toowoomba, Canberra, Hobart.
Overview of the Course Before you Study SMIPA Professional Year Program in Melbourne:
- The SMIPA professional year program(currently renamed as Accounting professional year) is a job-ready course affiliated by the Department of Home Affairs and crafted by the CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and Institute of Public Accountants.
- SMIPA professional year courses are only offered by registered providers who are approved by the three accounting bodies. The program is available for all international students who find it challenging to cope up with the struggles of a new Australian workplace.
- The complete course duration is about 44-weeks which is categorized into 32-weeks of classroom training and 12-weeks of an internship program in a reputed Australian company.
- If you choose to study SMIPA professional year program in Melbourne, you will get 5 extra migration points towards Permanent Residency application during the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- Accounting professional year program emphasizes on workplace preparation so that students can acknowledge the new work environment culture, ethics, office protocols, rules and regulations. The applicants are also trained in Australian workplace health and safety measurements(WHS) to understand risk reduction and hazard management.
- The professional year program is mentored by experienced trainers who coach students to identify their career path, objectives and development strategies. Apart from these, you will gain real-time work experience in the internship program with guidance on business communication and networking skills, team management and handling customers proficiently. We also provide No Further Stay Visa Services Australia
Eligibility Criteria to Study SMIPA Professional Year Program in Melbourne:
- The applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an Australian university as a result of at least 2 years full-time course
- Candidate must hold a valid passport with a Temporary Graduate Visa(Subclass 485) with at least 12 months validity or
- Candidate must hold or at least have applied for the Secondary Skilled visa with proper work and study rights valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- Must acquire a minimum score of 6 in the IELTS exam with at least 6 in each band or equivalent marks in any other English Language competency test
The opportunities to study SMIPA professional year program in Melbourne is huge. With incredible benefits, the course will prepare you to face the battles both on the ground and inside you.