Pathway Visa Consulting

Expert Guidance for a Seamless Immigration Journey

Partner visa (subclass 820 & 801)

The Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia. The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia, after 24 months you may be eligible for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia, after 24 months you may be eligible for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).


To apply for some of the partner visa 820 & 801, you must

Partner visa img - Pathway
1 icon -Pathway

Have the age of 18

2 icon -Pathway

Fulfill the relationship requirements

3 icon -Pathway

Meet the requirements for character and health

4 icon -Pathway

Have your partner or fiancé sponsor you

Visa Requirements

There are most important requirements that you should meet to be suitable for a partner visa

1 icon -Pathway

You must have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.

2 icon -Pathway

If you’re inside Australia at the time of application.

3 icon -Pathway

You already hold another visa type, e.g. student visa, visitor visa or working holiday visa.

4 icon -Pathway

Meet health and character requirements.

You will also need to provide solid proof of your relationship, such as documents proving that you are married or living together, joint financial statements, pictures of you together, and statutory declarations from friends or family confirming the relationship.

Benefits of these visa

Partner Visa Process

Search icon - Pathway


Your eligibility for this visa

Apply Icon - Pathway


For both subclass 820 and 801 visas

Grant 820 icon - Pathway

Grant (Temporary)

Your visa
(subclass 820)

Supply icon -Pathway


Additional documents after 2 years

Grant 801 icon - Pathway

Grant (Permanent)

Your visa
(subclass 801)

Looking for De-facto Partner visa?
Discovering Our Biggest Successes: The Stories Behind Our Great Achievements

Let’s be your trusted partner in achieving your migration goals.

Visa Categories
0 +
Visa Process
0 K+
Happy Clients Reflect on Their Journey with Us

There are numerous students all round the globe who have experienced the nature of our services. If you still can’t make up your mind, here are some of their valuable feedbacks about our team and services.

Do I need to be married to apply for a Partner Visa?
No, you can be either married (spouse) or in a de-facto relationship with your partner. In a de-facto relationship, you must have been together for at least 12 months.
How long does the Partner Visa process take?
The process typically involves a temporary visa (subclass 820) followed by a permanent visa (subclass 801). The temporary visa allows you to stay in Australia while your permanent visa is being processed.
What happens if my current visa is about to expire?
You can apply for a Bridging Visa to stay in Australia legally while your Partner Visa application is being processed.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
Yes, you must be 18 years or older to apply for a Partner Visa.
What happens if our relationship breaks down after applying?
You may still be eligible for a Partner Visa in some special circumstances, even if the relationship ends after you lodge the application.
looking for a Partner visa?
pathway footer logo
Copyright © 2024 Pathway Education. All rights reserved | Design & Developed By Bitnet Infotech
Contact Us
[miniorange_social_login shape="square" theme="default" space="4" size="35"]