Unlock Your PTE Success: FREE 6-Hour PTE Masterclass on May 20th 2024, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, at Pathway education Campus.

Register Now

  • Melbourne | Bangladesh | Srilanka

Blog Single


How can students transfer their Courses to Australia?


Whatever research you’ve done regarding the institution or the program you plan to take, it’s only when you’ve been in the university for a while to realize the significance of your choice. Transferring to a different school may be more appropriate for some students if their current university program, course or course is not in line with their expectations.

It is a good idea to consider transferring possibilities for your courses to another institution during your time on the Australian university. The transfer option is available to both international and domestic students. However, this method of transfer is not without distinct advantages and drawbacks. Therefore, it is essential for students to be confident about the choice to transfer to a different university. Best Education Consultants Melbourne help you in finding the top universities.

Reasons: Why an Applicant Seeks to Transfer from One University in Australia to Another?

There are a number of reasons that a student might want for a transfer school within Australia to another like changing courses within the same institution or moving institutions entirely because of the particular course. The reasons for the above are discussed below, as well as the steps to follow:

  • Transferring Courses If a student wants to change to a different course at the same school and professional level is not required be able to obtain a brand-new visa as a student as long as their current visa is due to soon expire.
  • Transforming the degree of education: If the applicant wants to change their degree qualification, such as from a Certificate to a Bachelor’s degree they need to apply again for the new student visa because the classification of their visa could be changed.
  • Changing Institutions: If candidates are thinking of switching institutions, they should seek out their current institution to get more information. Most of the time the new university is not able to accept a student until they have completed six months of their main study course (at the institution they are currently at) in which their student visa has been issued.

If applicants wish to Transferring Courses to universities prior to completing all of the six month period in their main course for study, then they should first be granted permission from their current university. To qualify for a release letter from their current institution, they need an agreement for service from the university they are attending.

Make an appointment with a student advisor at your present university

This should be the first and most important step as it is essential to discuss your plans for transfer with your adviser to students or the teaching assistant. They will be able to advise you about the specific policies of the university on the possibility of transfer. They will also provide advice about the financial obligations that accompany this transfer.

If you are a student at an undergraduate school, special visa considerations will apply for you, as they are generally. If you’ve not completed the minimum requirement of six months in the initial program of study at your current institution, the main university cannot accept your application.

If you start an application for transfer before the deadline of six months it is necessary to get an ‘Letter of availability’ from your current school. Since every transfer scenario is different, a school adviser can give you accurate details and help you making the right decision.

Examine Visa Requirements

Making sure your visa is in order is crucial for students from abroad. When a student receives an entry visa, they have to comply with specific criteria to be granted. These requirements are usually specific to your current institution. In addition, if you are interested in transfer courses to another institution in Australia You must satisfy the requirements of the visa of the new institution.

If you’re granted an streamlined student visa you can only transfer to schools that are eligible for automatic student visa, If you plan to attend a university that doesn’t accept this kind of visa, it may be necessary to end your current visa and apply again.

Also read: How do I change courses in Australia?

Contact Us
[miniorange_social_login shape="square" theme="default" space="4" size="35"]