Unlock Your PTE Success: FREE 6-Hour PTE Masterclass on May 20th 2024, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, at Pathway education Campus.

Register Now

  • Melbourne | Bangladesh | Srilanka

Blog Single

Changing Course Providers in Australia: What You Need to Know

Changing Course Providers in Australia: What You Need to Know


You are an overseas student studying in Australia at present? Are you planning to change your program or take a different course since the one you are currently studying doesn’t meet your expectations? If so, you could quickly switch courses offered in Australia however, you will require the assistance from the most best migration agency and course providers for this. You should go through the entire blog for more information about.

Can International Students Change Courses in Australia?

The newly-introduced Australian rules on student visas for 2022, which went in effect on July 1 International students could face problems changing their course or even withdrawing from university.

The Minister of Education has made it a requirement in the recently passed regulations that international students can’t change their course in Australia without prior permission.

Additionally, if you’re a student who hasn’t yet completed six months of your current program and is interested in transferring to a different organization or institution, it’s crucial to obtain a waiver from your changing provider first before registering in the new course offered in Australia.

You may receive an invitation letter from the new institution; however, you won’t be able to get information about the enrolment process if your changing providers The don’t give any reason for you withdraw.

Changing Courses After New Australian Visa Rules

Institutions of higher education only permitted students from abroad to change their programs after they had completed 6 months before 2022. However, changes to the Australian student visa rules permitted the change of forces. Minister’s permission is not required in certain circumstances. In addition, you don’t require the approval of the minister for the following situations:

  • Graduation in Diploma
  • Certificate of Graduation
  • Doctorate Diploma
  • Masters or any other course that bridges the gap.

Other courses, aside from these, will require the approval of the Minister. Ministers can only amend the course’s request for change after receiving a written assurance from Australian authorities that you’re not an imminent security threat for Australian nation security.

Are Bachelor Students Allowed to Change Courses in Australia via the Best Migration Agency?

Students who are not subject to the restrictions set out in 8204 do not require permission from the Minister when they wish to change their course. They are able to easily alter their course by consulting the new providers and the provider of their choice in Australia.

However, it is crucial to know the seating capacity of the intended course. In simple terms, the institution is only able to allow the change of course for students in the bachelor program in the event that seats are available and in the event of a compelling justification for changing the course.

Changing Courses in Another Institution

A majority of universities may not even consider changing the course within the institution or institution changes because it is quite a stressful procedure. To be able to get approval for a change in course it is necessary to present a legitimate and valid justification for your decision to alter the course, and then submit an acceptance note from your new school to the one you are currently at.

If everything you have provided is satisfactory to the authority in question, they could allow you to change your school and/or course. It is vitally important to make sure that you’ve paid your dues to the college prior to you leave your current college.

Furthermore, if you receive approval to switch classes and institutions, you’re blessed to be able to enrol in the third or second semester classes at your new school when you’ve provided all the documents needed including transcripts, diplomas, conduct certificates.

Do you need to Renew your Visa for changing courses to Australia?

If you’re an international student studying in Australia and you want to change the course you are taking, you are not required the application for an additional visa, so in the event that the course you choose is at an equivalent or higher standard of education that your current course.

It is a must when you’re currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program and would like to change to a master’s degree. in this case, you do not need be able to get a fresh visa as long since the current one is in good standing. If you wish to take the course that is at less of a qualification that your current one and you want to change your course, you must submit a request for a fresh visa for students in Australia.

Final Conclusion

These are just a few of the things you should be aware of when you are considering changing your school or course in Australia. Be aware that this isn’t an easy decision, however ensure that you have a legitimate reason behind your choice.

The only thing you must do is ensure that the decision you make can lead to a bright future. It will take you one step further without stopping you by any means. In this regard, Pathway Education is the best agency for migration for you. That can assist you by transferring your course to Australia.

Contact Us
[miniorange_social_login shape="square" theme="default" space="4" size="35"]